Our RPR (Rapid Plasma Reagin) kit is a slide flocculation test for the qualitative and semi-quantitative determination of antibodies to VDRL antigen (a presumptive diagnosis for Syphilis) in human serum or plasma.
The 500-test kit can be used for rapid screening of patients, healthy individuals or blood bank donations.
The assay can also be used to monitor the immunological response to treatment.
Part Number: FRPR500
Method: Slide flocculation
Description: Reagin antigen, dispensing bottle and needle, disposable test cards, reagin positive control serum, reagin negative control serum.
- Simple reagin slide test to measure the presence of non-treponemal antibodies produced as a consequence of syphilitic infection
- Carbon particles allow results to be read by eye
- Smooth reagent preparation causes good result definition and high sensitivity
- Assay can be used qualitatively or semi-quantitatively
- Liquid reagents can be used with serum or plasma
- Suitable for use in blood donor screening
- 500 test kit size
- Kits and components available with good stability.
Axis-Shield RPR is a slide flocculation test for the qualitative and semi-quantitative determination of antibodies to VDRL antigen (a presumptive diagnosis for syphilis) in human serum or plasma.
Axis-Shield RPR is a macroscopic non-treponemal flocculation test and it is used to detect reagin. When a drop of positive serum and reagent are mixed on a test slide, black flocculants are formed which are visible macroscopically due to the presence of the carbon particles. When reagin antibody is not present, flocculation does not occur and the appearance is that of an even grey colour.
*Products may not be approved for sale in all countries. Please contact your local distributor for further details.